Ooooh, what's that on the back of my car???

GT-Steve":34aooc7z said:
you must be more svelte than me, cos I know for a fact that would snap under my weight.. :oops:

looks nice. Last one I saw, recently, was pale blue..

That's some big gears going on there, too... :shock: :cool:

Road chainset - used only on the road.

I can't ride it, it's got a 12.5st weight limit.

It is an Allsop.

It does flex really easily. :shock:

Anyway in a more serious vein, can you move the saddle backwards and forwards along the, erm, seat tube?

It looks like you can. And could you use a quick release on it to adjust your poition during rides?

Tazio":wzishoar said:
Anyway in a more serious vein, can you move the saddle backwards and forwards along the, erm, seat tube?

It looks like you can. And could you use a quick release on it to adjust your poition during rides?

1. Yes.

2. Err not the same as a normal bike. You can adjust the front bit so the beam is at a different angle. This effectively changes the seat height.

1. No

2. Restore it for the owner, who has had it from new and it has been his favourite bike for many years. He recently did the C2C in a day on it. It was resprayed at Triple S 10 years ago and the finish is still mint. He still has the Allsop stem in near mint condition but it isnt used as it's "terrible"!

I need to find a nice highish rise replacement stem to fit it. I was given a box of XTR to fit to it. ;-)

Really nice to see a bike bought new and still used regularly - not just for commuting either.

I consider it a real privilege to service it and give it another 20 years of use.

There is another bike in the boot too....... ;-) :shock:

Didn't Otis Guy invent this design? Always fancied a go on one but it would be horrendous if that seat/top tube parted ways with the rest of the frame :shock: :LOL:

feel a new catch phrase comming on here

IS IT BIKE OF THE MONTH ?

is it a zaskar

ooh a softride , like them , can i have it ?

nice rob.....i visited a friend in canada in january.....it was minus 30 at night and he directed me to his gloves in the basement, i opened the door against one of them....nearly soiled my pants!....im still working on securing it!.... ;)

Other bike has these forks.

13d6af09.jpg

With this front brake.

da522edd.jpg

The elastomers are rock hard. I mentioned that they can be very costly, whereupon he dug out a bag - "I have a few spares"

0f94ba14.jpg

:shock:

Rear mech - tasty!!

c17bfa2a.jpg

Chainset

a6724fdd.jpg

Back