For Sale OnZA - bonOnZa ... er bonanZa....(aka bloody hell that’s where all the pedals went)

2manyoranges

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Right, with all the interest in the obsessive collection of onZa bar ends elsewhere on the site I was stirred to dig out the BIG box of HO pedals. AND COMPLETE NOS CLEATS!!! And bearing kit (sans bushes) and elastomers.

Here they are. All bearings either 10/10 or 9/10 with loads of life left as long as you remember to OIL them - two drops of oil each on the inner bronze bushing after each ride. Wipe off before the next. Then they last A Very Long Time Indeed. And get the cleats in the wide release position and then the release is really consistent. And why am I selling them? Because I use flats almost all the time ... And few clip in I use are crank bros, now. And I can’t be doing with two systems. But these were just great in their day. And I mean that. I had them on all my bikes. As you can see by the number of them.

OK - 5 pairs of pedals gone, with cleats and elastomers. Many thanks Andy and Ben.
Remaining = 1 set of cleats, bearing pack, two pairs of black pedals and a few random elastomers.

Price - depends what you want, but pedals around 28.00 posted, 45.00 for complete sets of pedals elastomers and cleats. Seen them for A LOT more than that.
Dibs via pm?
Thanks

Attachments

• B4440427-B397-49EC-8682-DA364378847B.jpeg
    B4440427-B397-49EC-8682-DA364378847B.jpeg
    461.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Blimey - because these have cleats and good elastomers,I thought that people would be quite interested. I see onZA pedals time and time again: ‘good condition...elastomers worn...NO CLEATS...’. Which makes them...Oh I know....useless. But look...cleats...CLEATS....C L E A T S....!!!!

Thanks 2xEF - Agreed. But I did like their 'Terminator' looks - and at the time, non cycling people (THEY EXIST!) would pass the bike at rest, stare and then walk back and say '...WHAT are those?...' which was fun....

...and did I say that they have cleats... C L EEEEEEEEEEEEE T Z.......

Double E - I'm actually quite relaxed about selling .. they have been living happily in a box in the workshop for 15 years and they are meeting

IMPORTANT CRITERION NUMBER 1: they are not in the way, I am not having to move them every time I want a tyre/chain/bolt - unlike long-stored wheels, frames etc.

So they can live in the box quite happily for longer. It's just that I hate nice things lying around not being used....

Thanks Freddok - nice choice for some frames - do you have the cro-mo, stainless or ti axles? I kept away from the ti axles since although attractive it's a bad material for low speed, high load axles such as pedals - they flex, and with a bushing such as that in the onZas it's likely to increase wear, for very little weight saving.....

I'd buy some cleats if they were for sale separately, have some pedals but surprise, surprise no cleats!!

Back