ONLY FOR THE HARDCORE..........EXPERIMENTAL.

I know a bit of the story behind this bike, and to be honest I think it's too cheap. I'm not a fan of KB or his bikes at all but if you are this is an absolute must buy. Definition of unique.

Rob Atkin":3t4u19yw said:
I know a bit of the story behind this bike, and to be honest I think it's too cheap. I'm not a fan of KB or his bikes at all but if you are this is an absolute must buy. Definition of unique.

Agreed. I too bid on the original auction for this bike (although I missed the end due to being on holiday!) and wish I had bid much more. The Bontrager multi-material prototypes are, by their nature, all one offs and hence have no comparison. In this instance, I believe the price asked is very reasonable indeed.

oldave":3t4u19yw said:
As for my presumption, there can be no other, logical nor rational, reason why it could be worth a grand!

You clearly have no knowledge of Bontrager, this bike or its value, so why ruin a prominent members thread with your nonsensical ramblings?

Rob Atkin":3qe0u7bu said:
I thought you'd be buying this Ben, go on do it!

I'd love to mate, unfortunately as is the norm for this sort of thing, it has come up when I need to sell most of my collection to help with my impending house purchase. :facepalm:

oldave":26m1wcxr said:
How nice, being taught a history lesson (with a good degree in just that from the days when not everyone went to "uni") by reference to a bicycle!

Quite amusing being patronised.

As for my presumption, there can be no other, logical nor rational, reason why it could be worth a grand!

PMSL...........................LOGIC AND RATIONAL is how the bike came to be, its very reason for its Exsistance....!!!

Like i said on my opening post Dave, i dont need to explain it, if i had to, you would be the wrong person to own the bike.

p.s Homework is a great contributing factor of getting a degree im told.................PMSL.

hows that for patronising.....lol

:cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You are all of course correct - what I said should not have been said within a "For Sale" (at least not without more careful wording) and for that I apologise.

it sure would be nice if it was with its mates again . . .

:)

DSC00060.jpg

Rather surprised the fleet is being thinned but if your looking for one of these then there are few who would have made sure they are as good as they can be as Carl

oldave":fzh4e8os said:
"IF YOU DONT GET IT , ITS NOT FOR YOU..............."

I don't and it isn't! Rather weird I think that just because an item is associated with some one vaguely "famous" it acquires a "value" out of all proportion to its worth!

Each to their own.

obviously never ridden a bonty,i will be doing 100km at the honc on mine.perhaps you should get one and see what the fuss is about

Latest posts

Back