OLMO Columbus SL frame 48 / 49 Cm

stuartAJ

Dirt Disciple
I am new to this forum (my first post).

I have just purchased a 1980s OLMO with Columbus SL tubing, though I purchased it soley to strip the components off it (Campagnolo Super Record groupset), so I am left with a frame that is a little too small for me (I am 6feet 2!)

This is potentially now for sale 'as is' or should I restore it to sell it?

The frame is in good condition with no dings/dents and the fully chromed forks and chainstay are in superb condition.

It is a quality frame with Columbus fork ends and dropouts and an OLMO cast BB shell. It has Olmo engraved in fork crown and top of seat stays (plus cast seat lug)

I'm guessing at mid-80s as it has peg on chainstay to hold chain, plus braze-on front-mech. Also top brake cable goes through top-tube.

Stamped 48, which I measure as centre-centre. Around 49 centre to top.

The paintwork is VERY tatty though.

I'm hoping for £120 'as is'.

If no takers, I will get it re-enameled to hopefully reach a better market.

Located in Winchester, can post and will take some photos later.

Generally I think you won't get your money back restoring it. A decent job will be £100-120ish plus the cost of transfers.

Good restoration cost money, bad restoration will lower value of the frame. Offer it as it is.

measurements and photos

Top Tube measures 50cm c-c
Seat Tube measures 48cm c - t

Hopefully I have succesfully loaded some photos. The chrome is excellent, it has been lacquered over and needs removing (lacquer is peeling) however it has kept chrome in excellent condition.

The paintwork is poor, in my opinion is has been poorly repainted previously.

Attachments

• P1160036.JPG
    P1160036.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 652
  • P1160038.JPG
    P1160038.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 652
  • P1160040.JPG
    P1160040.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 652
OLMO frame and fork

Hi Julian, I'd prefer not to negotiate via a Forum post; but happy to discuss over the phone. Pls PM me and I'll send you my phone number. Thanks

Back