Older full suspension frames

94 stumpy, essentially the same design being used today. They all didn't stink.
100_1917.jpg

Well, I'm about to jump on a chairlift with my old Orange MrXC - laters.... :)

013.jpg

011.jpg

Its a Trek Y3 that I rebuilt with Raceface bars & stem & generally upgraded. It was originally a dark blue Y with black triangle, & sported the chrome (actually plastic to look like chrome Trek logo). Just waiting for a set of Panaracer Smoke's, arriving end of this month hopefully to complete her. I think I paid £75 off ebay a while back now for her fyi.

dam thats a good looking Y glide

wish mine was in the same condition, got the same plastic chrome looking trek badge on mine too, need to sort the shocks out though, as the missus will be borrowing it so she can join me on the trails, I think Id be scare to take mine out of the garage if it looked as good as yours :)

I took my battered Y3 to BDW, it road a lot better than I expected and thus its a keeper, at least for now. Useful feature is you can take the rear triangle off with only two bolts then get the entire bike in a Dahon folding bike bag, very handy when travelling by train if you've forgotten to book a space. :LOL:

old suspension frames

i had a gary fisher joshua f3 - y frame with urt - unified rear triangle and it was a bit pants to be honest. lots of bob.

the schwinn rocket 88 i bought a year later was streets ahead in terms suspension control.

Latest posts

Back