Older full suspension frames

Thanks Kaiser, but would need to be a carbon jobbie.

The USE shock post idea, is kinda not the direction i was looking at, I have in addition to my Trek fuel, a Giant XTC carbon that weighs 19.8 lbs, so lightness is well catered for in my house!

For the Mods, this wasnt supposed to be a "Help me" style thread, i was merely asking where do all the vintage frames go?

lawson":146xgl8e said:
lou74":146xgl8e said:
my LBS has a trek y frame hanging up at the back, not managed to get a definate price out of them yet.

Which Y frame is it out of interest?

er....... it's..... um...... yellow, chrome rear end :roll:

Ooh sounds interesting - Are you keeping the shop details under your hat, or are you willing to share the wealth?
Fully understand either way, Mike

lou74":2ultgqo1 said:
lawson":2ultgqo1 said:
Which Y frame is it out of interest?

er....... it's..... um...... yellow, chrome rear end :roll:

That'll be a '96 Trek Y33 by the sound of it. Is it like the pic below?

Attachments

• y33a.jpg
    y33a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,559
Ive got a Y3 in my parents garage that i bought new in 1998. They bits were crap so i stripped the frame as soon as i got it and upgraded everything. At the time i thought it was great, it was my 1st full sus bike and i thought it was a revelation!
Then i bought the Mr XC 3 or 4 years later and it was light years better than the Trek. Light, plush and loads more travel!
Decided to buy a new bike last year and once i bought the FSR i quickly realised how much better it was than the Orange.
I doubt the Y bike has travelled further than the end of my street in the last 5 years, when i ride it it feels awkward and ungainly so i stick it back in the garage and take the Kona!
Its the shite model with the alloy Y and steel rear end. Its filthy and built with old/odd components (apart from the Judy's and the DX thumbies!) but it still looks totally space age and always got more positive comments that any of the other bikes ive ever owned!!

got a Yglide in blue, judy xlc, fox vanilla, origional tyres

tried to post a pic but need to post 5 times before I'm allowed add a picture, so that'll be 4 post to go then lol

Back