Wanted Older (chunkier) Hope headset 1 1/8

jody_husky

Dirt Disciple
Hiya, after this as I've heard these offer some added stack height. Black or silver favoured, any colour considered. Thanks!

Not sure you can replace bearings on that type. I've seen a number where the bearing has been removed, then put on ebay probably because they couldnt get a replacement to fit.

I have a gold one in the spares box. If interested.

TBH I don't think theres that much difference between an early model and a modern version height wise, other than the new ones are replaceable bearing.
And I have a new Black modern one if interested also.

What is it you need the extra stack height for ? Steerer too long ?

Last edited:
Not sure you can replace bearings on that type. I've seen a number where the bearing has been removed, then put on ebay probably because they couldnt get a replacement to fit.

I have a gold one in the spares box. If interested.

TBH I don't think theres that much difference between an early model and a modern version height wise, other than the new ones are replaceable bearing.
And I have a new Black modern one if interested also.

What is it you need the extra stack height for ? Steerer too long ?
i emailed hope about the one on ebay and they told the bearings were proprietary and not being made anymore. basically a dead end.

might be into the gold one. can you please pm me photos?

i'd need to extra stack to compensate for the incompatibility between my 2000s hardtail frame and crust clydesdale cargo fork.

I have gunmetal cups with bearings, and I think the top plate that sits on the top bearing but missing a couple of parts - it's the old style union flag one.

I have gunmetal cups with bearings, and I think the top plate that sits on the top bearing but missing a couple of parts - it's the old style union flag one.
potentially interested if i could parse one complete together using several sources. are you able to advise what the missing parts are? or have photos, please?

Back