Old Peugeot advice

winchman

Dirt Disciple
Number 1 Daughter has decided she wants racing style bike from the 90's so off to the free ads and she now has a Peugeot Escapade.
So any ideas of date info etc, I know its not aRolls Royce but its her Rolls Royce so she wants to know more.

Attachments

• IMG-20200617-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20200617-WA0008.jpg
    508.6 KB · Views: 960
Re:

Don't know exact model or date but about 1989 / 90 based on the decals.

Look at https://bikeboompeugeot.com/index.html to see range of catalogues for these years and with lots of details about what they were built with. Peugeot broadly made same bikes for different countries but some variations. It's fun looking at the range of bikes.

There should perhaps be a slight note of warning for your daughter: this can be dangerously and expensively addictive :shock:

MartinB123":1jj17t7x said:
How tall is she?!
Must be 6ft at least as that is what that frame is suitable for..but alas another frame that looks to big for the rider..& won’t handle so well.

Re: Re:

Chat Noir":150kblg6 said:
Don't know exact model or date but about 1989 / 90 based on the decals.

Look at https://bikeboompeugeot.com/index.html to see range of catalogues for these years and with lots of details about what they were built with. Peugeot broadly made same bikes for different countries but some variations. It's fun looking at the range of bikes.

There should perhaps be a slight note of warning for your daughter: this can be dangerously and expensively addictive :shock:
Thanks that's great help

Nob":3z4dgjjo said:
MartinB123":3z4dgjjo said:
How tall is she?!
Must be 6ft at least as that is what that frame is suitable for..but alas another frame that looks to big for the rider..& won’t handle so well.
Unfortunately we can't all have what we want bike wise, it came along at the right price and was too nice to turn down, the new tyres cost more than the bike.
Its a little on the large size but with the seat all the way down she is happy and it rides well, her little brother keeps nipping out on it so have to find him one now.

That looks like the original saddle. I bought a Peugeot Premier new in '86 and it had the same one - I've just picked up an '85 Equipe for my son and that too has the same one fitted.

Its quite possibly the most uncomfortable bike seat I've ever experienced. How I put up with it riding to school for years I don't know!

Best to ditch originality there and get something less painful...

Those old steel Peugeots ride so nicely when they're properly set up.

Thanks she loves it, I can't believe she has had so much fun from a £20 bike, a lesson for many people that.

Back