Old Kona stolen in Belfast

Beatnik

Retro Newbie
Apologies if this is wrong place to put this, but I'm new...

My lovely old (1996) Kona Lavadome was stolen in Belfast city centre on the 25 June 2009, from inside my place of work (Cathedral Quarter). I guess it's not the highest value bike out there, but it's been looked after and ridden a lot (Pyrenees, Alps, Scotland, Yorks Dales etc), owned since new and got a lot of sentimental value. Its the amazing 1996 'burnt orange' colour, with a black synchros bar, black deore V's and a black Marzocchi Bomber on the front.

If anyone sees it ridden about, particularly if you're in NI, please let me (and the police!) know. Police aren't that bothered but there might still be some hope....

Kona

Hmmn... I wouldn't hold out much hope mate, but you never know. I'd definately nip into Bike Dock and give them the description though - CRC too.... that way if the scumbag that nicked it is as thick as they generally are and try the old "how much is this worth trick" in one of the shops, staff have at least a fighting chance of informing the authorites.

Again - NI is a small place with a close knit MTB community - so get the photo and description out there, it's a pretty unique bit of kit these days, someone might spot it.

Gd luck

yep - good point. I put it on the MTBrider forum with a pic - you never know.
Didn't think of CRC - good idea

Back