old bike challenger xero

Baranek

Retro Newbie
hello. I found this old bike in the basement. Can someone help me find information about it? What company is it, what year and technology? is it worth anything? 1000023156.jpg

Looks like a mountain bike rather than a road bike to me. You might have more luck over there?
Don't give that to us in the <97! Thats a hybrid.....that's your side...700c....skinny tyres...!

Or is it a 29er?......no no its gravel...isn't it? 🤣🤔

Good work horse and looks in pretty good condition! Not worth much, and would guess at early to mid 90s ... few more pics would help.

Earliest way to tell us take the 2 letter date codes off the rear of the parts.

Last edited:
A fairly typical touring / city hybrid from the early nineties. Looks kinda nice, IMHO, with provisions for lights, mudguard and racks.

Is that a Falck tubing decal on the seat tube? Fork decal says 4130 CrMo, by the looks of it.

A gravel bike in all but the name. I like it.

Thank you for the additional pictures. The Falck decal indicates a German market bike. And indeed, there's a whole bunch of Challenger bikes on Kleinanzeigen.de.

Could it perhaps be the housebrand of a German chain store?

Although the bike was clearly built to a (small-ish) budget, a CrMo main triangle and forks are actually pretty decent.

Back