Oh dear, not again...random Ebaying!

South Bound

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Did I pay too much? £50 for:

Superb pair of mountainbike wheels. 26" FiR M123 Rims with anti roll over rim - stops break pads from going past face. Lightweight, great condition no buckles or dents. Hope Titanium hubs, rear freehub with hyperglide rare 12 / 32 cassette. Fitted with Titanium Allen Bolt QR replacement skewers.

Seems ok to me for the Ozone build - what do you guys reckon. Don't know the rims - are they ok?

I was watching them, I reckoned they would go a little higher after my last attempt to buy some thing similar. you did alright.

That was the reserve - to be honest I did not want to spend that much, but did not understand how reserves worked - I do now!

hope hubs are worth that, fir rims are good , so solong as condition is alright, you got a goodun!

i was gonna bid on them too but ended up paying more for xt hubs with campag rims. gutted now!

Wheels (and skewers) have just turned up, really chuffed. Hubs are really skinny and have a great retro look, will work well on the Ozone.

Thanks for all the advice guys

I don't know what an Allen bolt QR skewer is (surely Allen isn't very quick?) but as they're made of ti they must be worth £15 themselves, let alone the hubs.

Control Tech, among others I guess, did allen bolt skewers, very light and a bit more secure if using the bike round town.

If they are Control Techs and in good nick £15 sounds about right.

Very good score on the wheels I'd say.

Back