NW Area (esp. Manchester) anyone need any bits powdercoating

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mr Kawasaki and myself are currently putting together a load of frames and parts for blasting and powdercoating, so I'm wondering of anyone round our way wants anything powdercoating? We can take care of logistics, you'll just need to drop off your parts at my place and collect them a week or so later.

I am not looking to make any profit on this (though it can make it cheaper to have a bigger order!) but thought if anyone has anything tatty that they'd like sprucing up then this might be of interest. As well as frames and forks you can do cranks, bars, stems, bar ends, bashrings, pedal cages, fork lowers, chainguards, mudguards, racks, wheel rims...

The companies we use are not the cheapest (blasting at Descaling in Levenshulme and powdercoating at Sprayquick which is on the border of Reddish and Gorton) but they do a good job, turn around is quite fast and they have about 75% of the standard RAL chart in at most times. I've used them both several times and have decided to stay loyal as I've got to know the lads and have a good laugh with them.

I build up a detailed spreadsheet and budget so we can divvy up the costs as fairly as possible. Obviously black is the cheapest. If they have to order your specified colour in then it's expensive so have a second choice colour at the ready.

OK, well PM me if you're interested! ;)

Here was our last lot on collection day:
http://deadrats.co.uk/2011/10/at-the-powdercoaters/

and here's a RAL chart:
http://deadrats.co.uk/bespoke/paint-par ... lour-card/

Ohhh, sounds interesting. Any idea on an indicative cost to strip and powdercoat a couple of frames/rigid forks in black?

Thanks!

muppetman":3mow91h8 said:
Ohhh, sounds interesting. Any idea on an indicative cost to strip and powdercoat a couple of frames/rigid forks in black?

Thanks!

Provided you supply it completely stripped (as in BB and headset out) it shouldn't be much over £60. As I say, this is not the cheapest service - I've been told there are places in Mcr that will do single colour for £25ish but I ain't found them yet! If there's any damage like chainsuck to the frame try and file it away before you bring it over?

Cool

Even though I really want to keep using these guys, I'm really gonna push for a better price!

Timing is key here, hoping to do everything between 11-28 Feb

Dead Rats":14luwmpz said:
Provided you supply it completely stripped (as in BB and headset out) it shouldn't be much over £60. As I say, this is not the cheapest service - I've been told there are places in Mcr that will do single colour for £25ish but I ain't found them yet! If there's any damage like chainsuck to the frame try and file it away before you bring it over?

Yeah, I've never found any of those mythical #25 places either. Cheapest I've found is about #45, but don't mind paying a bit extra for a proven quality.

I'll have to check the funds though (missus got me on a budget as supposed to be moving house soon), but I'll PM you soon!

ok! they are not always perfect but I would recommend them nonetheless, 99% happy so far in about 5-6 trips:

302414_10150421654581171_586536170_10713937_393425674_n.jpg

217503_10150229357126171_586536170_9035766_226954_n.jpg

205530_10150229329466171_586536170_9035517_7731290_n.jpg

forks

could i be cheeky and get a price for these forks,i just want them as close as possible to the original.and no, MRK cannot have them :D

Attachments

• rocky fork 1.jpg
    rocky fork 1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 434
  • rocky fork 2.jpg
    rocky fork 2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 434
Back