now sorted.

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
I'm looking for a hardtail frame (around 19") and forks ideally. This is going to be special over spec as let's face it, a £600 budget isn't going to build the best bike ever but just want something I can personalise and really call my own. I have a maximum budget of £250 for frame and forks so obviously not expecting much but if there's any possibility of getting a 29er I would be over the moon (I miss my old Vitus :( ). I'm hoping to get it built by new year if possible but there's no immediate rush, it's more a case of trying to find hope at the moment (something to look forward to when I can actually ride properly again) so if anyone does have anything that might fit the bill please fire a message my way.

I'm in Cornwall.

Thanks everyone.

Re:

I've got a carbon felt 29er hard tail I'm not currently using. It was a full build that I was using until recently, got me back on a bike during a tough time post redundancy and is only spare as I treated myself to a ti frame when I was back in employment.

I had planned to lift and shift everything on it over to the ti frame, but only used the cranks, bars and saddle. I've been toying with replacing the missing parts and using it again but could part with it.

It is kitted out with sid forks, x0 gearing, magura mt6 brakes, on one hubbed wheels at the moment.

Pic of the bike below, I'm just shy of 6ft and it fitted me really well. The forks on it now are a different set of sids, world cup lowers and internals, standard csu. I have other forks (white rebas, carbon rigids too).

Also have a mint pipedream scion 853 26er I could let go (19 inch).

Attachments

• PSX_20200507_004120.jpg
    PSX_20200507_004120.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 982
Re:

Lovely bike but unfortunately a complete bike is out of grasps. Reinjured myself today so probably will be at least another month before I can ride now. No point even building anything now. Just wanted a bit of hope.

Re:

Sorry to hear you have injured yourself.

Happy to sell as much or as little of it as you want, have tons of other stuff to build it up if you need anything too.

If you are interested once you've recovered let me know.

All the best with recuperation.

Re:

I’ve a Genesis steel hard tail frame in your size. Pm if interested.

Cheer

Re:

Thanks everyone but had to pull the plug on this idea. My dad's needs come first so the money I've saved is going to be spent on getting him sorted and I'll just make do with whatever I can find cheap with the money left over.

Re: frame and forks wanted

Martin, sorry to hear about your current situation mate.
If it helps you at all,I have a 19" ti mtrax frame with BB and headset. Plastic on the ti
tubes is peeling off. But with razor blade it could be removed and tidied right up.

Considering your situation at the minute if you want it then it's yours if you can collect. I'm in North Somerset, not million miles from you.might not be what you had in mind, but it's free!

I've been in similar scenario with my dad, he's wheelchair bound terminally ill and I had to give up full time job last year to help him daily which crippled me financially....

Re:

Thanks magpie. My dad isn't as bad as that, sounds like you had it a lot worse than me. He started suffering blackouts and was in and out of hospital for months which meant he had to give up work and wasn't allowed to drive so as well as running him around I've been paying all of his bills as well as mine. Which wasn't a problem as I was still working and getting enough to cover everything but after the injury I'm off as well. I can scrape together a few hundred if I sell my retros but to be honest there's no point having anything nice now as I'll barely be able to ride. I was supposed to be doing the two 24 hour races in honour of Fran next year (my friend who lost his battle to cancer in July) but will be months before I can even attempt mountain biking again so this was just to give me hope.

Thankyou though. Seriously appreciate the offer but I just want to wait and still have hope that one day I can build this.

Re:

So after much deliberation I have decided that it's in my best interests to make a few sacrifices in order to fund this as this is the most important thing right now, something I can use all the time.

Apologies if I do seem fussy, I just really want a bike I can cherish, something that I've always wanted. Am fed up with making do with things because they're cheap and this will be my one luxury so sod what anyone else says, it's not wasting money to me. If I turn your bike down please don't see it as an insult, I just really want to hold out for something that I can really enjoy as I need a positive distraction.

Either a frame only up to £150 or a frame and forks up to £250. Maybe I'll even get lucky and find a saracen mantra like my old one in my size. (not holding out much hope as been looking for months with no luck)

Re:

I've got a 2018 Boardman MHT 8.9 frame in a 19" size. It's a 148x12 boost/thru-axle hardtail frame, and needs a tapered integrated headset. It's designed for a 120mm fork and has a hole in the 31.6mm seat tube for a dropper which makes for a nice xc/trail bike. It's got some bad cable rub on the head tube as the paint finish is quite thin. It is a Matt/satin black frame, so would probably touch up quite easily, or sand back to raw (a fantasy notion I've entertained for a while).

I don't have a spare thru axle for it, but I do have the gear hanger.
I could probably sell it, posted for £100 if that's of any interest to you? I don't have any pictures of it at the moment, but I can take some in the next few days.

Latest posts

Back