Not vintage or French Tourers/Campeurs, Trade/Porteurs, Audax/Randonneurs, Commuters/Town

Really like these hub and derailleur setups and see they are making a comeback on 1x road and gravel bikes. Didn't realise that Sachs did a two speed hub, looks good 👍

View attachment 718919View attachment 718920View attachment 718921

This kind of thing must be the future.

It's getting daft this constant adding sprockets, messing around with wheel dishing, poor chain lines, then changing the rear OLN another 3 or 5mm, and all the time trying to keep Q-factor in check so your heal doesn't hit the chain stays.

These guys may have just got it right: https://www.classified-cycling.cc/ [ modern content, I will whip myself later I promise ]

This kind of thing must be the future.

It's getting daft this constant adding sprockets, messing around with wheel dishing, poor chain lines, then changing the rear OLN another 3 or 5mm, and all the time trying to keep Q-factor in check so your heal doesn't hit the chain stays.

These guys may have just got it right: https://www.classified-cycling.cc/ [ modern content, I will whip myself later I promise ]
Or save yourself a couple of grand and and go old school 👍

Every once in a while you look and look again. The Peart Special 1936 with sloping top tube. The rear brake :oops: @Woz @Imlach @grantoury As I know you all like unusual bicycles. Not my text.

Designed & built by Mr HA Peart an aero engineer in the 1930's.​

The bike was previously shown in N&V's but no one could identify the maker although the designer (HA Peart) personally knew Fred Grubb & Harry Ferris (also he live in Houndslow middlesex making H Ferris a serious contender).​

I have pictures to show the bike was used by Mr Peart (an active CTC member) on his honeymoon in 1938 & it's believed the bike was a couple of years old by then.​

The Peart Special 1936 1.jpg The Peart Special 1936 2.jpg The Peart Special 1936 3.jpg The Peart Special 1936 4.jpg The Peart Special 1936 5.jpg The Peart Special 1936 6.jpg The Peart Special 1936 7.jpg The Peart Special 1936 8.jpg The Peart Special 1936 9.jpg The Peart Special 1936 10.jpg

Last edited:
Back