Not vintage or French Tourers/Campeurs, Trade/Porteurs, Audax/Randonneurs, Commuters/Town

Rinko? I had to look it up. I still am unsure whether it's a bike, a bag, a technique, a lifestyle choice, a philosophy? What! What?

I think all of the above. I understand bicycles can be brought on the train in Japan when they are disassembled.
The Rinko bikes have special adaptations to enable the bike to be broken down quickly. Some remove the forks and the headsets are modified for this, mudguards are split with qr brackets. It's all very interesting and ingenious.
I think I need to do some research.

I've had a long term fascination with Japanese made bikes as they have a very high reputation for quality. Tsunoda's and Fuji's come up now and again on Ebay but they are sparse in the UK. Many were imported into the USA during the 70's racer boom and got rebadged such as the "Lotus" bikes. In amongst them were some very high quality and innovative bikes. I don't need any more Tourers.... need to finish-off the Wester Ross before next spring.

After @Tommy27 post with the lovely Rinko Alps I thought I'd find some information and instructions.
You can see the special headset lock nut in the pictures

14614167535_93e2dcc7cf_b.jpg

0001.jpg 0002.jpg 0003.jpg 0004.jpg Screenshot_20200612-142009.png

Back