NOS 36h Mavic 217 SUP rim £12 BIN

would this rim be any good for me, i am after a rim to replace the mavic 220 that is on the rear xt wheel i bought that was broken??

rojo":86dbb3n1 said:
would this rim be any good for me, i am after a rim to replace the mavic 220 that is on the rear xt wheel i bought that was broken??

Depends what bike and what you're doing I guess.
I've got a set of 217's on my ATX 900 and they're fine -but then I'm not jumping off crazy sh*t like the bike is designed for.

I'm not entirely sure how the Mavic numbers thing works but I've found the ones starting 2xx are usually XC orientated, the ones starting 5xx are DH and I've got a 121 which I think is DH/Freeride ish.
-But don't quote me on that!

rojo":66arkixq said:

It is an XC rim.

The odds of you finding a replacement NOS 220 are limited and tbh its not worth your time waiting for.

This site gives an idea of the ERD for each rim, I cannot account to whether the site is correct but it does show a fairly sizeable difference that would mean you would require new spokes too. http://spokecalc.forfex.org/

Butted DT spokes are £14 ish for 36 from crc , so get this rim, find the ERD (google for instructions) Use a spoke length calculator (google again) order your spokes from CRC, then either have a pop your self...or since it is one of the harder things to do in bike building, take it to your LBS who if like mine will put together a wheel for around £15-20 if you supply the parts.

I am assuming you have a 36 hole rear hub.

Thanks for replys i will get wheel out of the shed when i get back and have a look at what sort it is.

Back