Non-retro pair of wheels for sale, buyer collects

David B

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
As the subject thread says - one pair of wheels needing a good home, which are an eBay purchase that turned out to be not quite what I was after. Black Weinmann 36h Explorer alloy rims on black Quando cup & cone hubs with QR skewers, front and rear hubs include 160mm 6-bolt rotors for disc brakes already fitted, but wheels are also rim brake compatible. Rear hub is a cassette type, 135mm spindle, and includes an 8sp cassette in good nick (13-32, I think). Spokes appear to be the rustless type. Semi-slick 26 x 1.5 road tyres (non-folding) plus tyres, tubes and rim tapes thrown in - ideal for commuting. Bearings smooth and in sound condition, but rear wheel out of true and needs a bit of attention from a spoke key, will try to sort this prior to sale though.
See http://www.flickr.com/photos/60525/4015940501/ for a photo.
Cost me just shy of 58 quid posted, looking to recoup some of this cost at least (£30 or nearest sensible offer). Drop me a line if you might be able to make use of them, first come first served, buyer collects in person as posting just means making more of a loss on them (I'm in Hampshire BTW).
Thanks in advance for any interest.

David

i'll take these if Kelvin hasn't already... depending also on where you are in Hants!

- doh! i see you are in Winchester, probably a bit too far south for the old man to get to unless you frequent the Fleet area??! shame, I was in winchester last wednesday!

Kelvin - I'm just on the outskirts of Winchester if that's reasonably convenient for you. I don't drive but if you're further afield could travel on the train and meet you part-way between my neck of the woods and yours.
baj - if no further interest from Kelvin could pop up to Fleet on the train, not too difficult from here. I'm off work next Friday and Saturday so easily done on my part.

David

Back