No rhyme no reason just 1 Retrobike pic per post.

I got these from Mert a couple of decades ago then machined new end pieces so that they could take 29" wheels.

A word of praise for Mert: I first met him in the early 80's and was amazed by what a "down to earth" easy going and remarkably unassuming guy he was, given his HUGE career as a flat track motorcycle racer. In Marin, at the time all the "big shot" first mt. bike builders strutted around like they had a left crank arm stuffed up their hind quarters (Charlie Kelly excluded) but not Mert! And honestly, he was "ahead of all their game".

After I finished the "Bitch" I sent him a picture of her with the modified forks.... AND he sent me a package of several sets of the forks placement bushings!!! That is the kind of guy Mert is!!!!

IMG_1867.JPG

Last edited:
I got these from Mert a couple of decades ago then machined new end pieces so that they could take 29" wheels.

A word of praise for Mert: I first met him in the early 80's and was amazed by what a "down to earth" easy going and remarkably unassuming guy he was, given his HUGE career as a flat track motorcycle racer. In Marin, at the time all the "big shot" first mt. bike builders strutted around like they had a left crank arm stuffed up their hind quarters (Charlie Kelly excluded) but not Mert! And honestly, he was "ahead of all their game".

After I finished the "Bitch" I sent him a picture of her with the modified forks.... AND he sent me a package of several sets of the forks placement bushings!!! That is the kind of guy Mert is!!!!

View attachment 885918
What's in the tank...bourbon?
Where's the straw?

24091906445922055118467365.jpg

always have a helmet to protect what is precious

Back