Nishiki Ariel (I think)

Patina all they way :shock: :mrgreen:
The yellow headset is actually a black Tioga Avenger, the cranks, hubs(I think) and FR and R Mechs are Suntour XC Pro, and the shifters are Suntour Express(I wonder whether the owner "upgraded" from Thumbies?) R brake is a Pederson self energising and the Fr is Shimano DX or XT (need to check model) and an SR seatpost which fits with the Suntour.

I am pretty stoked as I have wanted one since first seeing a pic in 1988 of an estay, then in late 89 a friend's Dad bought one in from the States, it was pretty magic looking, and felt so different to ride.

I have an article in Bicycling magazine of a guy touring on an Ariel through snow, will try to find it

Bicycle Addict":rktfb8w7 said:
Patina all they way :shock: :mrgreen:
The yellow headset is actually a black Tioga Avenger,

:shock: Still looks yellow on my screen no matter how hard I stare at it or even squint while doing a headstand

Re: Re:

itanita":2wubm4jd said:
Actualy I can give you some recomendation for Buying a Bycycle in Indonesia. We can found so many online shop but only one who we can trust. For visit this page you just .

Thanks for the link but hiding it doesn't fill me with confidence that its genuine

Click at your peril guys.

Here's the pic of the bike that eshew is referring to (below).
hey i have the same frame, i was also confused to identify it, until finally i found this (see attachment) does this look the same? i have never even found a redline conquest 40 full bike IMG_7489.jpeg

hey i have the same frame, i was also confused to identify it, until finally i found this (see attachment) does this look the same? i have never even found a redline conquest 40 full bikeView attachment 874693
this is an old thread, not sure if all users are still around.
Just found your post also interesting because I do own a Redline Conquest 45 from 1991.
Here are some pictures

This 45 seems to be younger than the mentioned 40...
Just wanted to let you know that the 45 was very likely produced by Anlen in Taiwan, it's identical to the Anlen Sabel, second series.
It also had a lot of parts also used for Gary Fisher bikes or even labeled Gary Fisher, as this was the time Anlen owned and has produced also Gary Fisher bikes.

Long story short, maybe the Conquest 40 and your bike had been also manufactured from Anlen?

BTW: do you have more pictures from the Redline catalog or brochure? Is it labeled 1990 or earlier?

this is an old thread, not sure if all users are still around.
Just found your post also interesting because I do own a Redline Conquest 45 from 1991.
Here are some pictures

This 45 seems to be younger than the mentioned 40...
Just wanted to let you know that the 45 was very likely produced by Anlen in Taiwan, it's identical to the Anlen Sabel, second series.
It also had a lot of parts also used for Gary Fisher bikes or even labeled Gary Fisher, as this was the time Anlen owned and has produced also Gary Fisher bikes.

Long story short, maybe the Conquest 40 and your bike had been also manufactured from Anlen?

BTW: do you have more pictures from the Redline catalog or brochure? Is it labeled 1990 or earlier?
THANKYOU! appreciate your respons

and yes, I've also heard about the Conquest 45, and seen the full bike several times on the internet,
Is Nishiki Alien also manufactured by Anlen too? Looks like Nishiki Alien is similar to Conquest 45

Possibly yes, my frame and the Conquest 40 are the same factory, because they are very similar

I got this brochure catalog from search results on Google, it seems there was a seller on eBay who posted it, but when I clicked on the link the sales post was no longer available,
here the link of seller page:

and here the link of the image:

Below I have included several images that I could get from my search results

Attachments

• s-l1200.jpg
    s-l1200.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l400.png
    s-l400.png
    273 KB · Views: 11
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l1600.png
    s-l1600.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attachments

• 1723286404066.png
    1723286404066.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Yes, this is Conquest 45, what I showed in the catalog is Conquest 40

Oh, got it.
Here's a couple more that might be what you've got; Villiger Arrow and Villiger Competition. They both have those curved braces between the stays. :cool:

Villiger Competition.jpg

Villiger Arrow.jpg

Here's an earlier post about the Comp:

They're very close to the pic of eshew's white bike except for a few details:

(1) The cable guides for the rear brake and rear mech on the Comp are on top of the top tube, and on the Arrow they're on the right side of the top tube, but on the white bike they're on the left side of the top tube.
(2) A brace instead of a noodle for the rear brake cable guide.
(3) Maybe it's an optical illusion, but it appears there are 2 braze-on mounts for a rack on top of the left dropout on the Comp.

There are probably other details I may have overlooked.

Can you post some pics of your frame?

Latest posts

Back