NightRider bulb - OK or blown? SOLVED!

You might not be quite so lucky as to fit a standard bulb.
I've a nice Specialized Solo NiCad made by NiteRider. The bulb unit is an NR11 as opposed to standard MR11 - it is 6V and has an lens fixed to the front which makes it a bit thicker, important for fitting the front plate of the lamp unit and sealing the electrical gubbins from the elements.
The NiteRider importer were fine about supplying a replacement at under £25, 4 years ago.

When I compare the bulb from that link, bulb from my unit (see my last 2 pics) and I read a manual... well you can see they are not the same. Manual: "The lamp assembly is a one piece bulb, reflector , HEAT SHIELD and lens combination." Well... there's no HEAT SHEALD on that ebay bulb as i can see, so it must be some other type of bulbes... i'll check some other bulbes on ebay just to see if they have it...

The bulb itself is the same, could you not remove the heat shield from your blown bulb and fix to a replacement or is it too firmly sealed??

...and I see what you mean about the prices on the Niterider website :shock:

YES, that's it! Problem solved! It's HEAT SHIELD that you pay those extra money for. approx 20 bucks. I bought this unit as NOS, BNIB but still wasn't sure what I've received. NOW I know. Those ARE (must be) the original, factory mounted bulbs on NightRider Pro 12 Extreme. And they are 12V= I'll take some additional pics and post here for future references, but problem solved, I've got the answer - thanks to all of you guys!
PS: from the manual: " Do not try to remove the bulb or the heat shield from the reflector as they are glued together and must be replaced as a unit."

Here's standard bulb:

bbb.jpg

compered with heat shielded bulb:

DSCN5968.jpg

and here's NR manual:

DSCN5971.jpg

I've got a set of these lights that I've not used for many years. Bulbs were good last time I checked. And there's a 240V charger. I expect I could bear to part with it if you're interested? :)

Back