Nice Montello.

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24574

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Old Ned":26ovw4nv said:
Perfect sizing for me.

What a pity it's in the States......................

Says shipping worldwide if you want it ...

Is that correct what they say about the prototype deltas?

Re:

They do look like the prototypes (due to the clamp / metal clip thing out of the top) but for prototypes there does seem to be quite a few up for sale here and there. Perhaps rarer as engraved.

Nice bike, strong money however, and would you ride a 30yo bike that's barely turned a wheel?

Am I the only one here who thinks it is ridiculously over priced, 84 show bike or not! Although if you took away the hideous delta brakes I might be less critical.

cycletothesea":1xe75z4u said:
Am I the only one here who thinks it is ridiculously over priced, 84 show bike or not! Although if you took away the hideous delta brakes I might be less critical.

No. But the brakes have a value to them that supports it, being prototypes and pantographed. Still lots of money and limited appeal unless you were a dyed in the wool collector. and something like £7k to put it on british soil.

Anyhow, I have to nip out now and get a tube of chrome polish....

cycletothesea":3ezqpggi said:

I have no idea on the rarity of the deltas and the prices people are willing to pay ...

If you took that out of the equation I'd say it was worth around the £3 - 3.5k mark ... but if there are Campag nutters out there that pay £2000 for a set of brakes then I guess it could be ...

Probably a bit of a fishing trip; you never know someone with heaps of cash may just want it ...

Back