Nice M900 Chainset

I have a a complete pair of NOS STI shifters and brake levers. These have never been on a bike and are still in their bags with original shimano instructions and cable guides. I've had them since new and think they are some of the nicest kit that shimano made.

Trouble is I don't know what to do with them. I'm tempted to put them on an old Stumpjumper but would like some other suitable bits to go with them. i.e. rear mech and 8 speed cassette. Anybody know where I can get such things. If not then I may be tempted to find a new home for my STI's.

Hi Jcosh and welcome to the forum.

You'll need to join the XTR queue me thinks! ;)

As I am sure you're aware 1st generation M900 series XTR is now fast approaching 20 years old so good condition parts are getting thinner on the ground and thus are getting more expensive.

You have found one of the best places to obtain XTR parts, the other obvious place is eBay. I know there are some other avenues but if I tell you I'll have to hunt you down and kill you!!! ;) ;)

I'm sure you'll get some more pointers from other more enlightened forum members.

If you feel that you want to part with the STI's you have, you can always sell them via the forum in the MTB for sale section and you wuldn't have a problem moving them onto a new home. Someone on RB would be very happy indeed to have a new set of M900 STI's sitting on their bars. Off course you have eBay as well. At the end of the day they are your STI's so it's your choice.

Jules

Hi Jules

Selling mine is not my first choice. I have already had somebody PM me with a request for a price and I only posted (my first ever on RB) a few moments ago.

What I would like is some kit to go with it. I know I can get my existing 9 speed rear mech to work with my 8 speed STI's which is one option if i can't find 8 speed stuff of the same vintage/quality. I'm not really interested in heavily used parts as mine are NOS.

Cheers

Back