Newbie with newbike

Lol nope, definately just sticking to the one bike. Been down that road with cars, so I've learnt my lesson...I think.

Please don't hold it against me if I ask silly question though, it's a big learning curve for me.

drb5":2frvxvsw said:
Lol nope, definately just sticking to the one bike.

We all say that to start with.

I had the same two bikes for over 16 years, and was as happy as you like until I came here, where I discovered custom made British frames...mmmmmmmm aaarrhhhgggg ooohhhh baaaabyyyyyy.

I now have eight bikes and am desperately looking for number nine... and ten....

My name is Neil and I'm a Retroholic :twisted:

drb5":2z8jkyd0 said:
Much appreciated :?

From what I have heard those Headshocks can require a bit of maintenance is all I meant. Probably not so bad for commuter purposes.

Cannondale did things their own way. Headshock and Lefty forks, over-oversized tubing, that 1 1/4" headset and a lot of CODA labelled parts. Because they are a bit unique in many respects upgrading requires a bit more consideration than many other builds.

I'd keep it mostly stock - but that might require some Headshock maintenance. Without knowing your intentions/skill regrading painting it I'd consider leaving the Cannondale Red paint also (if you were to ever consider reselling it). Then again if you are going to do some uber cool paint job on it - then go for it.

Just some thoughts though. It is a really cool and iconic bike that I'm sure is a blast to ride.

Ok thanks.

The shock feels a BIT rough, but I'm not sure what's its MENT to feel like either...

Either way, I like tinkering and I'd like to know what my options are in regards to the front shock. Wouldn't want to miss out on a good deal somewhere on the items I would need, without knowing what I need iyswim?

Back