newbie, with dave lloyd

angeleye

Dirt Disciple
just thought id pop in and say hi, saw this site mentioned on cycle chat and thought id check it out, ive just bought an old dave lloyd to use as a winter bike , to complement my planet x titanium, raleigh flyer s/s and my ridgeback mountain bike, it gonna be stripped down re-sprayed new decals etc in the summer only had a few short rides so far, but seems nice
IMAG0639-1.jpg

IMAG0637-1.jpg

The reason I ask is because an 'acquaintance' of mine has a 'reputation' for rattle-can spraying old frames, sticking on any old bit of tackle and fitting DL decals that he somehow acquired. I just cannot see Dave ever selling a bike like this - unless, of course, someone knows different.

I have asked an old friend who has knowledge of these faux-DL's to comment.

Sorry if this deflates your balloon but this bike is not a Dave Lloyd as I would expect to see one.

However, if you can post some close-ups (lugs, rear drop-outs, seat cluster etc.), then I am quite happy to rescind my comments if they show otherwise.

it's fine, to be honest i am not too bothered as to if its a dave lloyd bike or not, it will serve a purpose as my winter bike, the paint is deffo original and the decals are old, so its not been dave lloyded recently, but i wouldnt be suprised if it had been some time ago, id done a bit of research into dave loyd bikes before i bid on it , and after, and come across various pictures of similar frames some nothing like but hey ho, i had a set limit to bid too bearing in mind what i was after and im happy with the bike , if its not a lloydy when i strip it down and repaint in the summer ill certainly not put the lloyd decals back on, :LOL:

Back