Newbie to the forum,and my 2 retro rides

Welcome :) great taste in bikes you have :)

I LOVE the Saracen! If you ever want to sell, let me know :)

I think the Kona may be a 94/95 ish model but someone who knows Konas properly will I am sure clue you in.

Thank again for the comments,I quite like the design of the Saracen stickers too and the paint colour,even if my mates do call it pink!!!!.they have no taste lol. I have that catalogue somewhere along with lots of old mbuk uk magazines. Will have to spend a good few hrs in the loft now finding them out.

Hi welcome .... love the fact that most of the replies have been about the Saracen!

As for the Kona, unless my colour blindness is worse than I thought its a 1995 and IMHO the best colour Kona did the Cindercone in. As for the collar I see you've got V brakes fitted. I think these are after market fits and maybe why the collar broke. If you're going to strip and rebuild why not have a cable guide brazed on to the top tube. Its the neatest way and plenty of examples on this forum of it being done. Otherwise ebay does sell top tube clamps for about £10 - £15 or run a longer other brake cable and tie wrap as a temporary measure to keep it rideable.

Back