Newbie in the house

oldscool

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone,

Came across this forum while doing some research for my "budget build" bike.
Ive got an 99 specialized FSR elite bare frame which I would like to build up on a budget. If anybody has suggestions on what I should be looking out for on fleebay and classifieds to build up a decent spec bike it would be greatly appreciated.
I want to run disc brakes front and back, front wont be an issue but im not so sure about the back?????
I need to get pretty much everything for it and please bare in mind when I say budget that im half scottish :LOL:

Welcome to the cash pit. You'll understand why in a while if you stick around!!!!!!

For the back disc you'll need an adaptor, like an A2Z, if the dropouts are flat. Otherwise you'd need to try and find something like a Woodman disco-system adaptor.

Attachments

• 2005_0218eddiscAdap0016.JPG
    2005_0218eddiscAdap0016.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 639
  • 31673692.jpg
    31673692.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 639
  • disco-system.jpg
    disco-system.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 639
Thanks for the advice with the rear brake. I also came across this company, not sure if they are any good???

http://www.2bgoods.com/

I noticed that these ones only fit certain hubs, is that the case with them all? I wil be keeping my eye open for a decent set of second hand wheels and it might be a real pain if I have to find specific ones.

The a2z is a frame adaptor. The Woodman is similar to the 2B kit, basically a hub adaptor for a specific hub.

Back