Newbie! Had 3 bikes stolen - Also a Cannondale f700 query

pssall

Retro Newbie
Hi all, i had my bikes stolen last sunday so i been on the forum quite a lot over the last week looking at classifieds.

I had 3 customised retro's taken from my back yard over near heathrow.

A GT, Radford and a grey muddyfox that i never got around to snaping any pics of.

So now im on the hunt for another few bikes or if anyone hopefully spots my old ones.

i am going to take a look at this tomorrow for £300 but im really not sure on the front forks. Are there any pictures of this frame with something like rockshox on as i cannot find any oh and is it an easy job to change them with the headset being larger?

005-6.jpg

That's a real bummer ,you always hope they die a slow lingering death with some Hairy arsed biker beating then th death with an hg90 chain(rusty of course) :twisted: :twisted:
.You can get adaptors to shim down the headtube size to a more sensible size to fit alternative forks.

Sidewinder said:
That's a real bummer ,you always hope they die a slow lingering death with some Hairy arsed biker beating then th death with an hg90 chain(rusty of course) :twisted: :twisted:

hear hear....sorry to hear that friend.....it is my constant fear to wake and find my retros gone.......good luck with the new one....

FSA and Canecreek both do headsets to reduce the 1.5 headset down to 1 1/8" on that cannondale. fsa start from about £30 but it's very basic, the canecreek one is around £80 if i remember correctly.

sorry to hear about your fleet being nicked.

Thankss! I'll have to take a look out for a kit if i buy the C.

It really sucks having the bikes gone. Me and my brother have owned the GT and Radford for over 10 years pretty much and rarely used them as we got too into our retro cars. Then we begin cycling every sunday, 3 sundays into our new routine they go missing. I reallly hope they get found.

I built a carrera up today with some bits and bobs off other bikes and i sure miss having a bike im really comfortable with.

Back