Newbie GT fan

J.T.":17fr30iw said:
Manchester to Blackpool, I'm sure there are loads on here doing it also :)

JT

Look out for a long haired bloke on a Carrera Fury with slicks and bar ends coughing his lungs up.

Also a big fan of GT bikes.

I did it in 4hrs 22mins, was heading for an under 4hr finish but suffered severe cramping over the last 10 miles, wasn't giving up, not with just 10 mile to go ;)

JT

Way way faster than me!

We always planned to take our time, moreso owing to me having a nasty cough, so not really disappointed.

I'd like to do it on a more suitable bike in future I think.

Saw a few retro bikes on the route... Loads of classic GTs... Zaskars mainly but also a nice LTS, and two blokes riding steel GTs, one being a '93 Ricochet with the original Rockshox fork and the other had a U-Brake but I didn't make out what model it was.

Also saw a sweet looking Alpinestars strapped to a car in Blackpool

At least you made it mate, that's the important bit, didn't think I'd make it past 21 miles after I stretched my Hamstring? (Muscle just under my butt cheek at the back of my leg) After a bit of stretching it was fine until last 10 miles.
I was on my GT ZR2000 road bike, much easier than on a mtb, hit 35.6mph downhill on the wet Dickinson Lane in Westhoughton, could have done with a 53t chainring though.
A guy finished same time as me on an old Marin with neon green parts and a u brake and I saw an old timberline fs but other than that I was concentrating on the pain I was in ha ha
Best bit was riding past my town and my 3 year old shouting 'go daddy go!', a good bit of encouragement :)

JT

Back