new toy added to the fleet, Fat Chance Buckshaver

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
random story with this one, i have an other Buckshaver, i go down the pub with a bunch of guys who like bikes, they always buy and sell stuff between themselves, some of the guys are related family wise and they all have similar interests, now as much as they are in to bikes, it's mostly the UK scene and it the more obvious brands, Orange, Kona etc, but every now and them i like to turn up on something they haven't seen before so i went to ther pub one night on my other Buckshaver, they were crawling all over it, asking questions etc, and sure enough a week or 2 later they found this one on ebay, i'm guessing it belonged to someone on here, anyway it was bought by one of them, i think he found it too uncomfortable so sold it to one of the other guys, after a while that guy decided he wasn't fussed about it and sold it to me, i'm not gonna say how much, it's offensively low, i couldn't not buy it to be honest.

it is literally as i got it but i have changed the stem, it had a Syncross on it but i felt it was too low at the front end and it had an unused brake noodle and D8mock had the atac for sale with a bit of rise so i fitted that.

it rides ok, it is very aggressive position wise, i might do a bit more positional mods, not retro, in the future but for now it's fine.

paint is in good condition, as are the parts, it's mostly 7 speed XT, with DX brakes, obvs Manitou fork up front that does work (well it works in terms of how thwey worked back then!)

only thing i want to do is line up the tyre logos with the valves, give it a bit more of a check over, maybe clean and polish the gearset, but i have a lot on my plate at the moment so it can wait for now.

anyway, here are some pics! :)

fc2.jpg

fc3.jpg

fc4.jpg

fc5.jpg

fc6.jpg

fc7.jpg

@foz they were on there when i got it, i think it was copied from the pink one i saw at malverns that keeps popping up on instagram, thye don't seem to make noise and personally i think they are a bit tacky, i'll likely remove them

Back