New Retro Road Event August Peak District

Paid my entrance fee for the ride a fe weeks ago. Today I got a refund without a word. Must have been cancelled. Either that or they won't allow foreigners like me anymore ;-)

Not heard anything from Pat about cancellation but I'll try and find out tomorrow. He did say a couple of days ago that there were only about 20 entries which is rather disappointing.

Old Ned":8d3jgeji said:
Not heard anything from Pat about cancellation but I'll try and find out tomorrow. He did say a couple of days ago that there were only about 20 entries which is rather disappointing.

Still waiting for news.

Old Ned":10zwvwbl said:
Old Ned":10zwvwbl said:

Still waiting for news.

Spoke with Pat this morning and he says the event has been cancelled due to very few entries. Very sad as a lot of effort went into its planning. Hopefully the organisers will try again next year with a bit more notice and publicity.

Sorry to hear that, too...I'm only a few miles down the road in Leek and hadn't heard of it.
I've got a spare room, a sofa bed in the lounge and plenty of room for camping if they re-organise next year.

All the best,

Re:

the event has been cancelled due to very few entries
No mention of numbers registered, but hey ho...posted on the Fulcrum Events website:
It is with great regret that we have made the tough decision to postpone this year’s event. The feedback we have received is that the course is simply too hard; with climbs too testing for old school gearing and descents that would not be safe are on the likes of Delta brakes.

All the brave souls that entered will receive a full refund and we would like to thank you all for your support. Now we’re going back to the drawing board to see if find a more suitable route and come back next year.
All the best,

Back