New Kona Headset [UK e-Bay]

Can't see the little blocks that the straddle wire clamps too to make them work.. The ones that sit in the tops of the cantis. Would double check that before ordering.

Curves

I don't see them either but still a good price and I reckon I can make something up on the lathe that'll do the job. It's the other bits that aren't so easy to find NOS. get em while you can!

I just emailed the seller through ebay with regards to the above question.

I wrote... Hi..is all the bits there..the reason i ask..there is a question on retro bike.."Can't see the little blocks that the straddle wire clamps too to make them work.. The ones that sit in the tops of the cantis. Would double check that before ordering"

thanks Mark /Ernie R.Bike

Reply from seller....Hi,

I do not have the little blocks (barrels) which you talk about. However the wire is retained by the canti on it's own. Any other straddle wire would suffice also.

Hope this helps..

Ernie ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ernie, what you need is what we used to call a solderless nipple! If you search on e bay you'll find loads, the diameter needs to be close to where it needs to fit on the canti , it's really just a barrel with a screw in it to lock the wire. As I say I'll probably make a couple up.

harleysteve08":293mqeh7 said:
Ernie, what you need is what we used to call a solderless nipple! If you search on e bay you'll find loads, the diameter needs to be close to where it needs to fit on the canti , it's really just a barrel with a screw in it to lock the wire. As I say I'll probably make a couple up.

Thanks for that...done a search on these items...in your opinion which size would be the correct ones..thanks again..
Ernie ;)

If you can hang on until the weekend I'll check the originals that I have fitted to my Explosif ( i'm not home until Fri night) I can take a pic and mail you as well. The size isn't that critical though so don't let it stop you buying the brakes without them, Steve

Latest posts

Back