New Colnago with mystery headset - any ideas?

The spec is a mix and match!

Brake calipers are Mavic (surely can't be original?)
Rear derailleur: Camag Chorus
Front derailleur: Campag Chorus
Front Shifters: Campag Chorus Carbon 8 speed
Crank: main body Sachs - left Campag arm
Stem: Cinelli
Seatpost Campag
QRs: Campag branded but both different styles
Hubs: front mavic - rear Campag

maybe it was a 7 speed (mainly mavic) bike and the drivetrain was updated to 8 speed with Chorus , if you take out the rear wheel and measure the inside of the rear dropouts you will likely see what it was set at originally

MrRichardHudson":i8mo4edb said:
After a long while looking for the right bike, I've just picked up this Colnago that I think is late 80s or early 90s. I've only had it a few days and have started by trying to figure out what model it is. But my question is about the mystery Stronglight headset........

I've only just joined the forum and I'm looking forward to getting involved :)

Thanks
Richard

Hi Richard,

Don't know how far along with your quest you are but found this by chance on the net

http://www.giroposte.com/Bars_Stem.html

Scroll to bottom of page to read about it

STRONGLIGHT JDX "Jetport" Headset (JDX-BSA)

It certainly resembles your headset.

Good luck
colnagolover

Thank you - it is a JDX. Unfortunately it's going to be removed and not replaced as I can't source the unique tool needed. I'm going to source a Campag headset instead. I would like to spec it as close to the original as possible. I haven't managed to find the frame code in the recommended places, which (according to my research) might mean it's an earlier frame than I originally thought, especially with the 126mm rear spacing.

Re:

Don't know if you've removed the headset yet, i got one of the tools needed from sjs cycles a few years ago might be worth contacting them to see if they have any more.

Back