new car chat

We only get the Soul here as an EV now, the ICE versions never sold well. If those CVT's in the Murano are the same as what is fitted to the Qashqai here then they are not reliable unfortunately.

The Toyota's have a good CVT though and make for a very relaxing driving experience.

We only get the Soul here as an EV now, the ICE versions never sold well. If those CVT's in the Murano are the same as what is fitted to the Qashqai here then they are not reliable unfortunately.

The Toyota's have a good CVT though and make for a very relaxing driving experience.

Agreed, the toyota cvt's are super smooth, mine is a 2ltr and get 60mpg, win win

I’m not sure how new a new car you’re looking for so….

My latest car is/was a 2009 Mazda 3. The 2.2 Diesel 185 version. Great little car. Comfy, nippy, plenty of features but for a diesel it’s awful on fuel 😅 It’s also got a seized engine now because I didn’t realise a common fault on those specific engines were bad oil pick ups. Apparently it’s a thing to clean the pick up every now and again by dropping the sump - if you don’t it gets blocked and your engine quickly dies of oil starvation. Fortunately I wasn’t far from home and got somewhere safe before it went ‘thunk’ after beginning to tick and squeal.

That’s my newest car to date.

Personally my favourite cars have been my 90s Civic’s. Not that you can find them these days for a reasonable price. If I could find a clean VTi for a reasonable price I’d be all over it, especially an EG 😍

Ive only owned 3 cars my whole life....all volvo. 740 gle 244k, v70 T5 210k (sold to get a more efficient D5 as my drive got longer) and my current V70 D5. The D5 has just clocked over 250k and I've had it 18 years. None have ever had major issues, just consumables and normal stuff.

The other one has just got a "new" car 2015 v70 d5 (last if the real d5 engines)...i may end up with it in 10 years...you never know 🤣.

However, i wouldn't buy anything post 2015. The engines are now pants, with melting liners and 36 turbos to try to make up for lack of cc.

There's no replacement for displacement!

So how about a nice 2013 volvo estate...just bung the bikes in whole (no wheels out even), sleep in the back flat out and last for ever....in my experience.....but then i do look after them and service them myself to within an inch of their lives!

Back