New Breezer MTB's

kaiser":6d4f4ftv said:
Tough crowd :eek: I like them, I'm not sure what you guys are looking for in a modern hardtail.

I think that bearing in mind the crowd, none of us are looking for modern hardtails! :LOL:

How often you you really need that hoooooooooooge suspension travel up front? It's kind of 'monster truck riding' - just bounce over anything. :?

To me there's nothing retro about it apart from the snooker cue paintjob.

Breezer are just using their heritage to shift a modern design that does nothing different to a huge number of other bikes.

Were it inovative or a classy reproduction of a past design it might catch more peoples attention.

Breezer should not have left the mtb market in the first place and thus would have nothing to prove like all the other established USA marques :roll:

That steel 'un is very very nice. No doubt it will be overpriced! I'd be interested if the frame is £400 ish

I think part of the problem is that you have a preconceived opinion on what a brand means.

Breezer to me means a delicate looking sweet handling frame.

In a smilar vein I have problems with the extreme Cannondale models as in my middle aged head Cannondales are small framed fat tubed bikes that somehow looked a bit traditional but puffed up.

I remember being a bit affronted when Kona started bringing out the full suspension models as I thought they should all echo the original Joe Murray framed models.

If these sell to a new generation then they will be a bit baffled by the originals.

I go go in a bike shop and like / apreciate the new models yet I stll like the retro stuff.

I am the same with cars - classic / new / uk / American / jap, I could go to pretty much any era / brand of car show and find something I really like.

Is this normal or am I a wierdo ? :? :LOL:

Am I easily pleased or are others blinkered :? :LOL:

WD :)

PS : Yes, I think that steel breezer is really cool :cool:

I think it's a cool bike. Actually not much less cool than the '90's Breezer. Same heritage, same designer and most likely same sort of fine handling. In essence it's not much different than the '90's bikes that most do like.

They share a lot of the same; as said the designer, heritage and overseas production. It's definetly not a 'taiwan bicycle guide' frame, as in 'get me that one with my paint and this decal' and therefor it's itself in its own way. I dig the fact one can now ride a modern hardtail with all the fine bits/standards from today, with the allure from back 15+ yrs ago.

It's also a great way to educate the youngsters now that the name 'Breezer' is a lot more than just some Bacardi drink but actually closely tied to the very existance of our sport.

breezer1.jpg

When people say all new bikes look the same etc. Is it not more likely that you can't see the differences? Its the same as a non bike person saying all bikes look the same, or a modern bike fan saying all retro bikes look the same. This isn't just restricted to bikes either it can be applied to cars, art, music, anything really.

I quite like the steel one. Shame its probably angled for 100mm forks which is something I still cant get my head around. Thats my only beef with modern stuff.

Back