NEED BRITISH RIMS FOR RETRO BUILD...HELP!

firestaffman

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Morning all!
am currently building up an 'ALL BRITSH COMPONENTRY' retro custom frame. Problem is, other than a set of X lite fatso's (a little extreme for what I need) are there any other rims that fit the brief? Muchos gracias!

PS check out the photo further down the page!

Much easier going for a European build IMO. There was a thread a while back and I don't think it was possible to build all British. And are you going British made or British brands?

Hi,
The only British manufacturer for bicycle rims I can think of is Dunlop although to my knowledge they've only made steel ones and these are very retro!
SP

A British MTB can't be done. SS is a little more achievable. You have to go Sturmey Archer for the gears.

Go buy a Pace, and you have to try and build British. (One of the laws of Yorkshire Squaretm)You'll struggle. Hubs, brakes, frame, forks, stems, posts, bars, saddles, hubs no problem. :LOL:

Rims, gears, chains, tyres get difficult. :?

Try a British Empire bike - the US is after all a former colony. :LOL: Canadian kit comes available too. A wealth of Malaysian and Singapore tyre firms are now within parameters. :)

Sadly Shimano and Campag can't be included even using very grey boundaries. :cry:

Mavic does become available as France was part of Blighty in the middle ages. ;)

I have some Race-Tech rims on early 1990-ish, maybe '91 hubs that I'm fairly certain are British made.

However, I know nothing more about them, have never seen another pair, and from posting on here at least nor has anyone else...

BB

How about a mountain bike with steel rims? It can be done, use disc brakes and it wouldn't be lethal, although it'd be a bit heavy.

Latest posts

Back