Mystery fork steerer. Anyone know what it is?

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello all. I got this steerer as it was advertised as fitting Pace RC35 forks. It doesn't, and never will as the section that fits in to the crown is flaired and it has a lip on the bottom instead of a groove for a circlip.

Anyone got any idea what fork this steerer is for?

Cheers Marin Man :D Had thought about you Mike after the job you did for Richard ( ;) ) but not sure this one would do the job. I'll have a look and may well pester you :roll: :LOL:

Thought if I could work out what it was I may be able to swap for a Pace one. TBH just wish it was Pace like it was meant to be. :x

RC36 EVO ?
I recall that the steerer tube was seperate in the box when I got mine...held into crown by a couple of allen bolts. Made cutting it to length much easier :D

No not an RC36. or any Pace.

It will likely fit many forks with replaceable steerers. There are not many like Pace that use a race collar to adapt to the ID of the crown race from a headset. I am guessing that the larger OD of this steerer will be at the interference fit for a crown race and there fore probably will fit either Manitou, RST or others.

Back