Mystery bike

BsidetheCside

Devout Dirtbag
This caught my eye…interesting looking frame..not at least the dropout area. Kaktus Bike is a new one on me for the front wheel and hub - from Slovakia. Anyone have any idea what the frame is. Oval top tube.

Attachments

• IMG_8979.jpeg
    IMG_8979.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8980.jpeg
    IMG_8980.jpeg
    400.3 KB · Views: 45
The drop out arrangement rings a bell. My mind seems to recall a ti frame I've seen like that. Can't recall the name though. DNA? Can't see the detail on my phone, is it ti? The rear drop outs look to be discoloured to my tired eyes, has there been some welding done? Can't make it out.

I know what you mean but this is not titanium, not with that rack mount on the dropout at least . The DNA you’re thinking of had a star cutout on the rear section of their extended dropout.

Looks like someone snapped it at the dropout and has welded in a gusset either side. There’s a load of discolouration on the dropout

Thanks for helping with what I thought I was seeing with my poor eyesight. It did look a bit hunky at the dropouts and like it has been welded.

The drop out arrangement rings a bell. My mind seems to recall a ti frame I've seen like that. Can't recall the name though. DNA? Can't see the detail on my phone, is it ti? The rear drop outs look to be discoloured to my tired eyes, has there been some welding done? Can't make it out.
Looks like it to me. They've welded in triangular fillets bracing the seat and chainstays, which would indicate theres been some sort of issue there at some time.

TBH theres nothing on the frame worth buying. Might be a Hope rear hub, but then again that might just be a sticker.

Back