My stable...

Jeroen

Dirt Disciple
Here a shortlist of my current (vintage/retro) stable.

My 'daily rider': '00 DeKerf Team SL

TeamSLVicious2.jpg

Parts: Vicious rigid fork, Avid Arch Supreme's, Moonhead rings, Raceface cranks, ano green King rearhub and headset, FRM stem and front hub, 2x9 XT/XTR setup.

My 'second' Dekerf and the start of my 'collecting'. The singletrack killer: '96 DeKerf Generation

DeKerfGeneration1.jpg

Parts: Brodie Gatorblade rigid fork, full M900 XTR gruppo.

My first suspended bike (saddly not built at this point): '95 DeKerf Suspension

FSside2a.jpg

Parts back than (3 yrs ago): Hugi/White Ind hubs, Avid TriAligns, Syncros Revo's, ProShift rear, Judy FSX forks.

It was a NOS shop wall deco-find, great deal.

My oldest DK: '93/'94 Mountain or Team

Mtn315h.jpg

Another Canadian entry to the stable: '90 RM Summit.

RMSummitN4.jpg

Aside the Canadian bikes I also have some US additions, for instance a couple of Bonty's:

Bonties1.jpg

Yes, thats one of the few prototypes Keith made and found the way out of his shed. Its bound to be restored one day or the other.

FSProto1.jpg

The titanium Bonty cracked on the seattube. Had that weld repaired last december and I refinished the frame during Christmas by brushing it and applying new decals.

DSC03910a.jpg

My oldest frame: Ritchey Commando '86. Unfortunatly cracked at the right dropout. Its paintless now, Ill polish it up one day and hang it on the wall since its too big anyway.

CommandoSide1.jpg

Once in a while we kick in some road miles for evening training on the Ritchey Road Classic (fillet brazed)

RoadClassic1.jpg

My first attemped on WTB dirt drops and singlespeeding. Before it was built up with M735 parts. Will get it back on gears somewhere in spring. The Dirt Drops will stay.

'94 Breezer Storm

Dsc00542a.jpg

One of my most precious belongings and embodies much of my own idea's on frame-concepts:

'94 WTB Phoenix... soon to be completed, but I cry that for 2 yrs straight now...

PhoenixFitFinder1.jpg

Not quite classic, but (sorry) in my eyes the only right justification of the term 'Retro' (I more use classic/vintage, as retro is something new with a blink to the past), my own creation; designed this frame past spring and worked to gether with Darren Crisp of www.crisptitanium.com to form my idea's into a riding bike. Easy to see what my inspiration was/is....

CrispTI-040a.jpg

I lied... sorry.

This was my first SS attempt;

Image1.jpg

Still have that very frame, fork was sold to someone in France. It was my second mountainbike ever and the first one I built up myself in '98, after being in the sport for little over a year. In its latest XC creation as a daily bike it looked like this:

BAL7501.jpg

Yep... I was more or less intruiged back than with the GTs of mid '90s, hence the yellow Judy fork, green Michelin tires. The latest setup was 9spd XT/9.0SL, King hubs/headset and Magura brakes. This bike got replaced with the DeKerf Team SL in December '00. For some reason I just cannot sell this frame ever though.

Here a pic I just dug up of the Breezer as I built it up first; with flat bars and a M735 groupset.

Finished5b.jpg

ameybrook":zozg7mt3 said:
Shudder. Gasp. That Breezer, it's very nice. If you ever want to part with it...

..... now why would I do that?? ;)

In its SS setup I used it during the SSWC 04 in Berlin. Rode it side-by-side to Joe Breeze. He put his signature on the toptube too. Nice touch.

superb dekerf collection.
the bronze sl is mighty fine ;)
next frame on my to buy list.

Hi Jeroen, I followed your bonty ti frame repair thread on mtbr.com with much interest :)
Nice collection :)

Back