My stable...

Re: DeKerf Kollected

tangent":19az0n1y said:
Crikey some collection there...also have a DK FS currently hanging on the wall...likewise Bonty Ti (also broken on but chainstay weld).

Later on this thread Scant mentioned a discussion about getting it repaired on MTBr? can someone post a link to that...it would be interested to learn more.

do a search on bontrager titanium :)

Re: DeKerf Kollected

tangent":196zcbu3 said:
Crikey some collection there...also have a DK FS currently hanging on the wall...likewise Bonty Ti (also broken on but chainstay weld).

Later on this thread Scant mentioned a discussion about getting it repaired on MTBr? can someone post a link to that...it would be interested to learn more.

Here you go:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=257012

"Jeroen-2-many-bikes" just doesn't have the same ring to it :LOL:

Nice collection dude.

MTBr thread

Thanks for the link & deatiled info there, that's some clever welding by your frame builder buddy...am beginning to wonder if the ti frame design should have stayed in KB's head a little longer...

Re: MTBr thread

tangent":9malmq6a said:
Thanks for the link & deatiled info there, that's some clever welding by your frame builder buddy...am beginning to wonder if the ti frame design should have stayed in KB's head a little longer...

The cracking of this Ti frame was 90% sure caused by miss-use of its previous owner (too short seatpost) and perhaps some part of very bad luck. Titanium Sports Technology told me mine was the second they had on recond that they know was broken. Now I know there are at least 3 more, but that still doesnt mean the design was bad. It doesnt differ from most other ti frames out there in terms of the actuall construction design.

Bonty ti

More interesting background on the ti, thanks - I heard of a the same failure on the STW forum, but that's most likely one of those you heard of.
Regardless , it's very heartening to see they can be resurrected.

On a different note, it's great that Chris DeKerf decided to carry on building frames eh?

Re: Bonty ti

tangent":2my894x9 said:
More interesting background on the ti, thanks - I heard of a the same failure on the STW forum, but that's most likely one of those you heard of.
Regardless , it's very heartening to see they can be resurrected.

On a different note, it's great that Chris DeKerf decided to carry on building frames eh?

Yeah, Jamie Whitfield sure made a great ressurection of Chris' craft. Chris has never been quite the customers-guy. He's pretty timid and he really needed one to help him out on this path. Jamie is a great help in this and it sure already paid of.

Im looking forward in seeing some of his latests creations. Ive seen some pics coming by of fully fillet brazed road frames, he's working on a 29er and also picked up the Ti building again.

DK

Yeah, am really pleased it's taking off again :D .
Just recently started building up a DK ST built April '99. , which I'm very excited about indeed.

As the frames (thank goodness) were still being made I've never rally thought of DeKerf (same for IF) the same Retro kinda way as say FAT et al., but the recent threads might encourage me to post up a few pics of mine sometime...

Back