My RC100 Restoration approaches completion

clem_r":lpwwwsal said:
I even did a season of NEMBA DH races on it and place pretty well. Looking back I think of that as suicide. How times change.

Yea, but the DH courses werent as extreme then. Didnt Peaty race on a rigid Kona?

Found a pic of me riding my RC100 from 1991.

Cool. I am sure I got more kicking about. I will post as I find them.

-Clem

Attachments

• clem_race_pic_1991.jpg
    clem_race_pic_1991.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 1,847
Clem,

Not sure how I missed this the first time round - this is superb, it's really come out a treat! Your hard work in getting your old gal up and looking like new has really paid off. Really glad I could help in getting another one of these iconic bikes sparkling again.
It's also cracking to see the original shot on you riding in anger. A bike with that sort of history and memories needs a careful eye and attention to detail and you obviously have that in spades!

paint

Nice rebuild clem

Doing the same at the moment, where did you source the paint for your cranks and stem, need to repaint these on mine.

There is also a guy on here who has made some cable ties for the top tube, but i havent managed to get any.

The cable guides are tricky. The original grey ones are non existant and the black ones (as fitted to 80's Cannondales have all but dried up). There is hope though as a friend in the states is tracking some down for me. If he comes good i will post you a set out. I also have some spare Magura fittings and some Venhill bolts somewhere that you can have if it helps.

@jjwood
For the flouro paint (if yours is a 1990 bike), go to Halfords. They have a rattle can flouro yellow that is a perfect match. If its an earlier bike then they had a straight yellow with a pearl laquer over the top.

Back