My Name's Nick and I'm...

ficknoster

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
...into my ebay bargain Super V's. Or as friends prefer to say... Tight.

So this is really my hello... I spent a few years throwing money into old volkswagens before realising the error of my ways and coming back to MTBs.

Positioned not far from the Quantocks... I could actually ride there... but I figured they put car parks up there for a reason. After recently having our garage opened up like a tin of sardines and our little bike collection pinched I started thinking about my next bike...

Then mine got recovered and returned! The little buggers did a really nice job of having it serviced, sorting out gearing issues, servicing the forks, replacing the old battered cheapy rims with a nice new pair of disc rims.

So... my Super V is home and for some reason I am even more attached to it now... despite its probable month working as a drugs mule for the little burburry buggers around here.

So this christmas I thought sod the family... what have they ever done for me? and spent all my money on the bike. So this is it over a year ago ... Not light but I had the SV400 in 99 and rode that until it was stolen, loved it to bits and was very keen to get another... this SV Freedride 700 appeared on ebay and I won! £150 and ready to ride. Perfect.

dale.jpg

dale2.jpg

Since christmas the bike has had no end of upgrades... I am fairly certain only the frame, headset, front brake and derailleur remain the same as when I purchased it. Of course now the family arent talking to me due to the whole "ruining christmas" thing I get so much more time to ride it.

I should probably confess now... I'm a fiddler. I have to have a project or something ridiculous for people to laugh at in my posession... The Super V gets respect so to even things out a bit this is there for a "quick humourous lap round town" or the odd "Wouldn't it be funny if you went down that hill on it Nick". I'll understand if I come back to the site and it won't let me log in.

roadkill.jpg

So... this is me! Hello everyone!

ficknoster":1k5eewo6 said:
despite its probable month working as a drugs mule for the little burburry buggers around here.

So this christmas I thought sod the family... what have they ever done for me? and spent all my money on the bike.

I should probably confess now... I'm a fiddler.

roadkill.jpg

So... this is me! Hello everyone!

:D :D :D :D :D Welcome. Love the recumbent. Love the opinions
Hope you have plenty to say ;)

Ta very much.

I've had erm... pieces of lots of things. My only roadgoing beast was a Bay Panel Van on Hydraulics.

Then mine got recovered and returned! The little buggers did a really nice job of having it serviced, sorting out gearing issues, servicing the forks, replacing the old battered cheapy rims with a nice new pair of disc rims.

You clearly have discerning bike thieves round your way. Ive got plenty that need fixing.. when can i move in? :LOL: :LOL:

moffyr72":lr16f2pb said:

You clearly have discerning bike thieves round your way. Ive got plenty that need fixing.. when can i move in? :LOL: :LOL:

We had a couple of lads move in a cross the way. Within days most of the street was missing their sat navs, bikes and tv's. We did our own work informing friends in the police that the bikes were missing with pictures (mine is fairly distinctive compared to the others) The bike was found being ridden past our house... a PCSO on bike gave chase until the young fool dropped my bike. The lad caught was charged with Handling stolen goods, we figured he didnt steal it as it was ridden back to where it was stolen from. Few days the lads across the way had their little flat raided and sat navs, bikes and tv's were recovered! Magic eh?

Housemates bikes never turned up though. So, I am not sure we are currently able to offer the service that I had previously received. There is also the risk that you wont get the bike back.

Back