My Modern Classic - 1997 Giant ATX990

Re:

jimo746":mzhvngam said:
Looks great, loving the cnc work on the bespoke parts.
For the rear disc brake adapter though, as you're using Post mount brakes, why not make it a Post mount adapter instead of IS and bolt the caliper straight to it!?

I explained this in one of my previous posts- it was very difficult to manufacture with the machine i have. This new design is very straight forward by comparison. It also allows me to change the size of disc i use, further down the line if i wish. The image i uploaded of the carbon printed mount, wouldn't have allowed for that so i would have been stuck with a 160mm disc. The way it is now, i can put in bigger/ smaller adaptors and use any size of disc i wish.

lukewheels":1ueopiga said:
This is really interesting to me as I recently took a job as an engineering teacher; I'll need to machine some bushings having picked up a Kona stinky frame yesterday. I have an ATX DH which came out just after yours, same colours!

Excellent! Its a labour of love which will no doubt take months to complete. I would love an ATX 1 as it was the bike of dreams back in 1998!

I will upload pics of the CNC process when im making the disc mount and the new linkage plates- hopefully in the next week

Re: Re:

DuncanDesigns":3anu6bxl said:
I explained this in one of my previous posts- it was very difficult to manufacture with the machine i have. This new design is very straight forward by comparison. It also allows me to change the size of disc i use, further down the line if i wish. The image i uploaded of the carbon printed mount, wouldn't have allowed for that so i would have been stuck with a 160mm disc. The way it is now, i can put in bigger/ smaller adaptors and use any size of disc i wish.

Ah yes, I must have seen that and completely forgot before posting!
Nice alternative solution though :)

Excellent! Its a labour of love which will no doubt take months to complete. I would love an ATX 1 as it was the bike of dreams back in 1998!

I will upload pics of the CNC process when im making the disc mount and the new linkage plates- hopefully in the next week
Are you still active on here Duncan?

Back