my funk

this one. scanned the five pages, each are about 3.5mb, compressed the 1 below but the quality is crap..... what do i do with them now?

Attachments

• funk test p1comp.jpg
    funk test p1comp.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,424
Stick it on photobucket for now or somewhere, someone will know :)

Did you locate that original spec list? /do I sound impatient? :LOL:

yeah, you do! ;)
if it's anywhere, it'll be in my brother loft with the rest of my tat left over from me yoof! so you'll have to bloody wait! :LOL:

found it! is even less impressive than i remember! also a pic of a shiny campag equiped green funk from the pages of mbuk (date unknown, old) and i found a poly pocket with 32 mint sauce strips in, mostly early b&w ones.

Attachments

• funk stuff 1.jpg
    funk stuff 1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,365
  • funk stuff 2.jpg
    funk stuff 2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,365
  • funk stuff 3.jpg
    funk stuff 3.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,366
:LOL: Grass roots marketing! You can't beat it. Things were so much simpler.

So they were importing three colours then in '90 (only 2 on the order sheet though):

"Raspberry Pearl" I guess aka PINK
"Graphite Grey"
"Neon Green"

I remember a Pink errr Raspberry one in Northumbrian Bikes in Morpeth. That would be around early '90 IIRC.
Just the frame though - I didn't realise it came with a Cromo fork, Fisher HS & a stem out of the box.

Good stuff!

Funky

Hi there..

If anyone is interested i have a Funk Frame, bought in Colorado in 1998. Most likely in the first 50 or so made. It's had a good long life here in the UK, and not been bashed around too much.

It's the raw ali version, does not have those original box ali forks (as they were very prone to breaking). I can get pics if anyone wants!

It's a fab bike, and does not give to harsh a ride.

I also know that the first importer Virginnie (who was mentioned earlier) has one she'd most likely sell too. That bike has had a very easy life!

let me know if anyone is interested.

Back