My bikes.

Finished the Miele today. I've had this for a while, I drove a 4 hour round trip to get it. I rebuilt it with the original parts to see if I liked the ride. I knew I would have to address the faults, I couldn't leave it. Sadly the cranks had been run loose and the tapers were damaged, so I did them up tight and hoped for the best. The pedals were horrible even with new balls. The gold Sansin hubs look very pretty but the rear hubs cones were past it. I put a set of gash cones in. It runs well enough for a hack bike but..
I fitted the Sugino mighty off of scabby and the original gold rings. Happy accident, gold rings were lighter than the mighty rings and the cranks were lighter than the original, as are the pedals. I have no problem with the Suntour mechs they change very sweetly and without fuss. The Dia Compe brake set was also fine.
The original wheels had rustless spokes which are not my favourite thing. I had the MA40s which are near nos with new 600 hubs. All in all it's a shade under 2lbs lighter.
Pictures show how I got it and the first build.
Edit, Canadian built Miele 1984. Also found a Brooks Professional of the right year too.

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600a.jpg s-l1600b.jpg s-l1600c.jpg s-l1600e.jpg s-l1600d.jpg s-l1600f.jpg s-l1600g.jpg s-l1600h.jpg P1050529.JPG

Last edited:
Back