My bikes.

The Carrera Corsa is done. I converted it to a triple chainset 48,38,30 with a 11-28 cassette. The gearing is far more useable for me. The bike was equipped with RX100, so I waited to find the right parts. RSX chainset and front mech, RX100 rear mech. 600 pedals. Ride is hard and direct, steering is fast and it responds instantly to pedaling.

View attachment 857575View attachment 857576View attachment 857577View attachment 857578View attachment 857579View attachment 857581View attachment 857583View attachment 857585View attachment 857587View attachment 857590
Bobby dazzler as they used to say . Looks tastefully cool .

Scabby looks ACE! 😍

Loving some of details such as the Gran Compe cable hangers with rollers! Lovely mix of components too.

Looks like a great machine to ride and being scabby means if it gets knocked or dropped it's name becomes even more relevant! 😜

Hi Bob, very nice, wondering if it's a Worksop bike and hence possibly a Carlton rebadge as I know Raliegh took over Carlton around then. Looking at the bike geometry and what you said about it's feel it looks a bit Carlton to me, which would mean one of the higher end. Just a very nice bike either way and I like the remaindered patina.... ☺️

Hi Bob, very nice, wondering if it's a Worksop bike and hence possibly a Carlton rebadge as I know Raliegh took over Carlton around then. Looking at the bike geometry and what you said about it's feel it looks a bit Carlton to me, which would mean one of the higher end. Just a very nice bike either way and I like the remaindered patina.... ☺️
It seems to have exactly the same lugs and seatstay caps as my 1980 Worksop build Record Ace
Very nice bike Bob

Yes, it's a W prefix. It's definitely a French import, as to it being a re badged Carlton I've no idea. It has chrome plated fork ends and drop out faces. The ends and drop outs are Campagnolo. Lugs are Haden. Full 531 double butted. 39.5" wheelbase.

Back