my bikes

Aende frame now in bare metal waiting to be sent off to be resprayed in the meantime I've been collecting various dura ace 7400 parts,just bought a pair of SPD 7401 pedals,7402 chain set and omas grand Prix Headset is on its way :) ive had new aende decals made up in gold so wondering to respray frame in original light metallic blue or a new colour not sure what colour would go with the gold decals any ideas?

Marc
1993 aende
2011 cube aerial

Love the metallic blue colour, but I think gold decals look good on a dark red - metallic of course!

Re:

I was thinking of a red colour but wondering to do it original colours I was thinking I wanted a colour that made the frame decals standout as you can't really see them on light metallic blue but with fresh metallic blue paint and new decals you might be able to,got a few weeks to think about it,can anyone recomend a decent frame sprayer?

Regards
Marc
1993 aende
2011 cube aerial

Re:

I recently got my wife's Dawes Galaxy (picture on my build thread here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=287574), resprayed at Bob Jackson's in Leeds, which I was very pleased with, but you also have Ellis Briggs, and Woodrup Cycles there. There is also Dave Yates at Coningsby, Lincoln, which may be closer for you. They are all around £100 for a single colour respray.
Powdercoat will be cheaper, but I think the quality varies. I have read somewhere that powdercoatings won't take decals or the lacquer to seal them in, but I could be wrong.
I think I will try Ellis Briggs next time, simply because they are open on a Saturday, for drop off and collection.

Re: Re:

twosheds":kcmurfja said:
I recently got my wife's Dawes Galaxy (picture on my build thread here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=287574), resprayed at Bob Jackson's in Leeds, which I was very pleased with, but you also have Ellis Briggs, and Woodrup Cycles there. There is also Dave Yates at Coningsby, Lincoln, which may be closer for you. They are all around £100 for a single colour respray.
Powdercoat will be cheaper, but I think the quality varies. I have read somewhere that powdercoatings won't take decals or the lacquer to seal them in, but I could be wrong.
I think I will try Ellis Briggs next time, simply because they are open on a Saturday, for drop off and collection.

Ellis Briggs don't do their own resprays these days AFAIK. I've been told they use Jacksons. Woodrups also use Jacksons these days.

There's also Chris Marshall in Keighley (01535 691073) who has done several of my restorations. He's ex-Pennine Cycles and can do repairs etc. - and even a complete new frame.

Back