My 1990's GT Karakoram from 2010 - Tequila!

The official names were Inferno Red for '91 and Tequila Sunrise for '92.

I like the original bars, but if changing them might make the setup better for you it is definitely worth trying. Most my bikes end up with thumbies.
So Black Cat's bike is Inferno Red?
Or Tequila Sunrise was named Inferno Red in '91?
I thought mine was Tequila Sunrise from '91, and Black Cat's bike was Lava.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, it’s your bike - if a riser bar improves the ride for you, then go for it. Thumbies would be period acceptable anyway (I have a set on my (prior year) Kara.

I don’t think burning in hell enters the equation until you introduce bar ends to said riser bar..

View attachment 739385
whoa, nice to see inferno that are not faded. my karakoram have no original parts on it. Just throwing whatever on the parts bin 😆. plus i use riser bars on these, since i don't want to change the stem. IMG_20230506_092202.jpg

Black Cat's and NouuuYess's are the paintscheme called Inferno Red. TheTequila Sunrise was for the '92 model, but it may well have been made in '91, as the next year's models usually started being made around September.

Reactions: R-V
Inferno Red, which is a ‘91. There was an alternative ‘91 colourway called Blue Widow, which was.. well.. blue.

I think Tequila Sunrise was a ‘92 colourway. No doubt someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

yes, coda 701m and selle italia el diablo i think. with set of rolf dolomite
Yes, Rolf Vectors are awesome looking. On my wishlist for a while since i saw the first one. Both in "26 and "28 sizes.
I guess Treks were sold with those.

Inferno Red, which is a ‘91. There was an alternative ‘91 colourway called Blue Widow, which was.. well.. blue.

I think Tequila Sunrise was a ‘92 colourway. No doubt someone will correct me if I’m wrong.
There was a purple color scheme too, which is beautyful, can't recall the name and year.
Also i think Lava was the name for the red scheme for Outpost models, i am not sure.

Latest posts

Back