Muddyfox Frames

Nes

Retrobike Rider
Hello,

Were late 80's early 90's frame sizes all large?

The only sizes that seem to be around are around the 20in mark.

I can remember my old claud butler back in the day being about that size (I'm 5'11 now!) was that just the way of things?

The reason I ask, I've been offered a 21in Muddyfox from a friend he's about my height but that seems huge by todays standards, i've not seen it yet and don't want to waste his time

Thanks

Nes

I can say the frames where nt always that big as i have a muddy fox courier comp i think and thats 18", to be honest its a bit small for me.
Also the frames where a different style now a days the top tube tends to be dropped down an inch or 2 the seat tube which makes the frame look smaller and people put the seats up high, where as before the top tube jointed the seat tube at about the top, i would say 21" frame would be fine for you, i about your height my modern bike is a 20" with the seat up a bit to.

My 91 Alu Pro was a 19" frame (centre to top of seat post) and fitted me fine (I'm 5'11") any bigger would have been too large.
Matthew

Yes frames were built in more of a road style back then... Tall and short.

They sound massive but in the 90s bikes just replaced seat tube with seat post to get more stand-over height. My late 90s 17" Klein is 2 inches longer than my late 80s 21.5" Claud Butler.

Basically seat tube length is a terrible guide to size.

So i picked up the Muddy fox off a mate.

I think it's a courier Mega (needs work!)

Frame is the right shape anyone have any pictures

i'll get some of it up on here.

Ta

Nes

Nes":1ojc95nh said:
So i picked up the Muddy fox off a mate.

I think it's a courier Mega (needs work!)

Frame is the right shape anyone have any pictures

i'll get some of it up on here.

Ta

Nes

so,you ARE an adict like the rest of us now?!!

looks like it.

fate was against me!

I'm 30 in a couple of weeks so i can put it down to a crisis the wife
will let me get on with it that way

I've got my 1st Muddyfox on its way to me too, we'll have to have a ride out on them soon.

Latest posts

Back