MTB Based Slick Tyred couriers

velomaniac":tbcv893i said:
Close but no prize, slick though those green tyres felt they're not slick, more hardpack knobblies. We're talking slick, near or totally treadless style tyres. Schwalbe Kojaks sum up the idea in name and actuality perfectly ;)

Yes, know what you guys were after, but it's more than just the tire. I also ran slicks on it, but don't have a pic. They were 26x1.0 Conti Grand Prix.

My 88 rockhopper had slicks at one point - Tioga cityslickers and later a spesh nimbus? - pushed 50/12 gearing ( that was my downhill gearing anyway) I did the 2 bridges charity ride, stayed with a roadie peleton for around 5 miles averaging about 23 for that - nearly killed me but it felt good.

BobCatMax":1ewsdq3e said:
kaytronika":1ewsdq3e said:
Currently running the Timberline on 1.95 Schwalbe City Jets... They have a little tread for water displacement and are proving great for bombing around

I've got these on my AA at the moment, nicely surprised by them too.

no wonder I'm a bit surprised by them :LOL: I'm actually running 1.50's :roll:

Specialized made their 23mm Turbo slicks in 26" at one time. Outside of a favourable test in MBA back in 93ish, I've never seen a pair.

Tioga city slickers on mums bike :

SeatTube.jpg

WD :D

I run Continental City Contacts at very high pressure in town. Amazing the difference they make. And oddly in the rain I reckon they spray more water on me that nobblies. Especially the front tyre as I can't bear to put any kind of crud catcher or mudguard on the bike.

I've got 26 x 1.5" City Jets on my Klein for town. They've been great but I'd like to try some Gatorskins.

FMJ":3pa55vw1 said:
Specialized made their 23mm Turbo slicks in 26" at one time. Outside of a favourable test in MBA back in 93ish, I've never seen a pair.

I had several pairs of these, soo fast, was a nightmare to fit the tubes in though, also, being in the days when I had only one bike, I used the Turbo S on my MTB (Trek 8700) to do 10 Mile Time Trials on, best time was 23:xx, the look of shock on the roadies as I went past some of the slower ones was brilliant!

Back