Mountain Mayhem 2014 sign up thread

10 man multi regional that had no home are in [Lost Souls of Retro]

Attachments

• wiggle wiggle.png
    wiggle wiggle.png
    28 KB · Views: 370
Hi chaps,

I'll be back there riding single speed again this year as part of a 4 man team (non retro) so will keep an eye out for you all

I rode over to Pat's house yesterday to hand over our team's entry form and payment.

Had a nice chat with Pat and Christine by the fire over tea and biscuits about all sorts of things from bikes to Pat's 25,000 strong army of miniature soldiers.

He did reveal a few snippets of info about the revised course at Gatcombe Park. Apparently HRH Princess Anne was so impressed and enthused by last year's event that she has agreed to open up more of the estate to the course designers.
This means the course will run through part of the camping area, great news for the RB heckle tent.
The climbs will also be less steep and severe, although possible longer, than in 2013 too, which is good for when you run out of traction before you run out of energy.

So all in all I expect that there will be significant improvements over last year which did lack the atmosphere of the Eastnor events. I'm looking forward to it.

Pat was also very impressed with my 1984 Mercian. Sadly I forgot to take my camera with me.

It was my first Mayhem last year, but as a horse rider and aspirant eventer I was probably more aware than many of exactly what the land we were on is usually used for, and just how much money is involved in building and maintaining an International standard cross country course. It was also apparent from the organisers demeanour that they were more than a little on edge and were clearly worried about damaging a multi million pound facility.

The fact that Princess Anne volunteered, without being asked, to come out in the rain and present the prizes, must have given Pat and his team a clue as to how the whole event had been perceived by the owner and her staff.

It's great to know that both the organiser and the competitors made such a positive impression.

Longer less steep climbs eh? Excellent.

Re:

The intruder is back after a service and is ready to roll. I have a feeling the sunshine will be with us this year, give me chance to test out me air conditioning. I am going solo this year as usual and have got me crates of beer heading for the double fridge ready to start the day before the race and put in a good 48 hrs. Food as usual will be chicken and rice.

Thanks andy

Re: Re:

any123":fhdia36o said:
Food as usual will be chicken and rice.

Thanks andy

Andy

One small request

Don't forget to bring them funny pea's... gunga / gungo / gumba ? that you put in the Rice last year

yum yum !

Spud

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3k4y5lgv said:
any123":3k4y5lgv said:
Food as usual will be chicken and rice.

Thanks andy

Andy

One small request

Don't forget to bring them funny pea's... gunga / gungo / gumba ? that you put in the Rice last year

yum yum !

Spud

It would be a sin not to have gunga peas in my rice along with coconut cream. I will be doing a full vid soon so people can do there own in future. The secret believe it or not is a £12 rice cooker from argos to make it perfection every time.

thanks andy

Back